Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pig guts. Bleh.

This week was good. Weird, but good. I also got pretty cold last night, which was amazing.
 
We had a training meeting for all the new missionaries this week, which was really fun. It went for like... 6 hours. But it was really good to hear from our mission president and his wife. Their names are President and Sister Christensen, and they are super awesome!!! It was also good to see some of the Elders from my MTC district.  It's weird that we were together every single day for 2 months, and then never saw them until now. But it was super good to see them! And there is a mission conference this Wednesday, which I'm super excited for!
 
I cut Elder 备's hair today.... That was a disaster. Maybe he can get it fixed next P-day or something. Oh well. But I guess that ends my dream of being a professional barber someday.
 
Koreans sense of personal space is SO weird. Elder 备 and I were 傈档ing to a guy and he really liked me (because I'm American). So he held my hand and stroked it the whole time. EW. That was really gross. But he was really funny, so I guess that's okay.
 
We went to a restaurant with a potential investigator today. I asked Elder 备 what we would be eating, but he wouldn't tell me. So needless to say, I went in there pretty nervous. They gave us this big bowl of soup and it totally looked like octopus tentacles or something. NASTY stuff. But I ate it all, for the sake of not offending this investigator, because it's his favorite food. Man, I wanted to throw up so bad. Found out later that it was pig large intestines and various parts of the pigs face: cheek, ears, nose, skin, etc. Ugh. I felt sick for a solid day after that one. And to top it all of, the potential investigator ran out on us and I had to pay for his food. Dumb. But at least I have a cool story out of that one.
 
Romans 10:14-15: "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? ... And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" I love this scripture. How can people believe if they don't know? Well, we'll tell them. The missionaries are SENT out by God, and we have a sacred calling to preach his gospel (3 Nephi 5:13). How great is our calling!
 
I love you all.
 
Love, Elder Edwards
 
Laurel here. Just wanted to share a part of the letter Spencer wrote to us. Spencer makes me laugh!
"Elder Singer got blood on his white shirt this week. I totally told him to soak it in cold water. I felt like some kind of cleaning pro. Thanks Mom. I think there might have been a step after the cold water though... I can't remember. So now the stain is brown, not red. Nailed it."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment