Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello from 한국!

Hello everyone!
 
Life is good here... I don't sweat anymore. September is bliss.
 
It's starting to get actually cold at night. The other Elders in my apartment all think I'm weird because I still sleep with a fan. They don't understand happiness. But I refuse to sleep with a blanket... Because it's just too delicious feeling cold at night. What a wonderful thing.
 
My bed. It's called a 요 (yo).
 
This week has been good! I got hugged by some random guy while we were 전도ing. He might have been super drunk. Not sure. There are SO many drunk people in Korea. It's really really funny. Every once in a while we get the treat to see a group of drunk dudes staggering down the street. It's totally against the Word of Wisdom... But I think it's so hilarious. Maybe I shouldn't think like that.

We cleaned the bathroom last P-day! It made me appreciate families who have chores in their house. Take notes siblings! I'm pretty sure it had been at least a year since that bathroom was cleaned last.... Pretty gross. Nothing like a bathroom after 4 guys lived in it for a year.
Our clean bathroom. Korean bathrooms are one big room. Everything gets wet when people shower.
 
A MIRACLE happened this week... So cool. We met a guy on the street this week who had been contacted by missionaries before. Those missionaries didn't teach any lessons, but they gave him a Book of Mormon. When we contacted him, he said that he had read the WHOLE Book of Mormon and checked out our church website. So we met with him on Friday. (His name is Brother 최(chway). Turns out he read the Book of Mormon, and prayed to know if it was true. And he got and answer. It was SO cool to hear him bear his testimony to us of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and how he knows the church is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. WOW. He has a baptismal date for October 6th!!!! It is so incredibly exciting. It was amazing to me to see that the Lord really is preparing people. He is SO prepared. I'm so grateful that we were able to find him and provide him with this opportunity. God is watching out for us.

I read this scripture this week, and laughed out loud. Moses 6:31- "... Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?" I am SO slow of speech. And most Koreans really don't like to be talked to by some American missionary. But the Lord promises Enoch: "Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good." I am in the Lord's hands. All the missionaries are in the Lord's hands. And as we go forth and are obedient to our sacred calling, the Lord will watch out for us and fill our mouths. How grateful I am for this promise and for a loving God that watches over us all.
 
Keep the faith!
 
Love, Elder Edwards
Elder Koo. My amazing companion.

The Elders in my district at a DELICIOUS restaurant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment