Saturday, July 13, 2013

I wanna go to Korea. Right now.

Hello family and friends!
 
This week FLEW by. It seems like it should be crawling because I want to get to Korea so bad... But it's going really fast. So I guess that's good. This week has been really fun and I am really enjoying the people in my district and my zone. They are all a great group of Elders and Sisters.
 
I get travel plans in a week!!! Next Friday, we get to clean the temple for 3 hours which should be a really cool experience. (The temple has been closed for the past couple of weeks for cleaning.) I'm looking forward to that. And then, after the temple, we should be getting travel plans in the mail! I'm so so so so excited. SO excited. In just two and a half short weeks, I will be in 한국! Korea won't know what hit them.
 
This week, I got the privilege of hosting the new missionaries coming into the MTC on Wednesday. That was.... fun. And kind of sad. It's super easy looking back on that moment of saying goodbye to the family because it was 6 weeks ago, but these poor Elders and Sisters went through that 2 days ago. Ouch. But the two missionaries that I did host I feel like are doing pretty good. I sure hope so. It is insane how many missionaries the MTC gets. On Wednesday, 840 new missionaries came in. 840. That's a lot. And our job as hosts was to make sure they didn't take a super long time, because the coordinating peoples goal is to pump in 100 missionaries every 15 minutes. Which they do every Wednesday. Crazy. The work is hastening!
 
The Korean zone got 20 new missionaries going to Taejung, Busan, California, and Toronto Canada. They are all super awesome. My fellow zone leaders and I got to get them oriented last night and Wednesday. It was fun. Looking at them, I feel like I know an incredible amount of Korean. It's amazing how much we have learned in these 6 weeks here. Really, I know very little Korean, but it's nice to get a confidence boost every once in a while. A side note: The new Korean missionaries thought I was 25 years old. 25. I think my whole life has been leading up to this moment. Never before has someone thought that I am older than I actually am. So that was pretty cool :)
 
On Tuesday, a bunch of Elders from the zone and I played soccer. Oof. That was rough. It was at least 150 degrees and SO hot. I'm out of shape. It was amazing to me how much your athletic level can decrease in such a short time period. I guess that's what super processed food and very little exercise does. Sweet.
 
Life is good, the MTC is great, Korean is hard, and the gospel is true!
 
Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment