Friday, July 26, 2013

AUGH!!!!!

Help me. I'm going to Korea in 3 days and I can't speak Korean. This is going to be super awesome.
 
 
This week was really long and really short. The more I'm out here, the more Time just punches me in the jaw and spins me on the merry-go-round and then stops it suddenly and expects me to understand. Now that I think about it, Korean feels like that too. Sweet. It was really hard to focus this week... We are all just so incredibly excited to go to Korea. SO excited. Yesterday, we had in-field orientation. Which was a 9 hour ordeal learning about how to work with members and the ward. It was super long.... But I made it. I'm still here. Our teachers have been telling us tons of stories from Korea, which has just made us even more excited.
 

Lots of people ask me what my biggest concern is... And it's the food on the plane. My teacher says that you get the choice between an American meal and a Korean meal. I can't decide! It can either be my last taste of 'Merica or my first taste of Korea. This decision has occupied my thoughts for 2 weeks. I'm really weird. But maybe it doesn't matter, because everyone says plane food is bad, so I'll probably just throw up either way. Sweet. But I am super excited for the plane ride!
 
We got our Korean nametags this week!!! Elder Edwards = Ay-de-wo-de-se Chong-no. Sweet.

 
The MTC has been good. In some ways it has really exceeded my expectations, and in other ways it has really stunk. I have loved learning Korean, and the spirit that is here. It is so cool. I love my teachers and it has been so great to learn from them. All in all, I have loved it here. But I'm very ready to leave. 9 weeks is a long time.
 
In 3 days, I board a plane to Korea. I couldn't be more excited. Or nervous.
 
3 Nephi 5:13: "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." Alma 42:31: "And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words." I'm so excited to share the gospel with the people of Korea. It is going to be such an amazing experience.
 
I'm ready, in that I am not ready at all. Bring it on Korea.
 
Love,
Elder Edwards

Wardies--me and Sammi Burnett. We're not allowed to take pictures with just an Elder and a Sister, so those are our companions. :)
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment