Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm a VETERAN.

Hello!
 
Life is going great. I'm loving the work. Time is just flying by now... People said make it to Sunday and then it's easy. They are so right.
 
A new batch of missionaries came in on Wednesday. I felt like a hardened war veteran staring down the new recruits. Except I've only been here a week. Crazy that I've only been here a week and a few days and already feel so comfortable and used to the life here. But I'm ready to go to Korea. Right now. It's great seeing all of the people that are my friends here... So many from high school and a fair amount from college. Awesome.
 
Thank you thank you mom for the cookies! My district loves me now (how could they not?) because I shared a bag with them. I hogged the other two bags and chewed through them in about a day. No big deal.
I LOVE MY DISTRICT. They are the coolest group of Elders and Sisters (9 elders, 3 sisters). They all have such strong testimonies and a desire to serve God. We are all going to Seoul and are loving learning this language.
 
The food here is still good... But SO processed. If I eat too much, my nights become full of indigestion. My companions really love me for that. So I try to eat less :)
 
Our sacrament meetings are in pure Korean, so I understood next to nothing of it. I'm nervous for when I have to bless the sacrament. It was BRUTAL listening to those Elders struggle through the sacrament prayers in Korean. They each had to start over 2 or 3 times. And the ones that did it have been here for over 7 weeks. Scary.
 
Korean is coming along. It's really hard but fun to learn. We can already pray and bear testimony and put together simple sentences. Very hard but very exciting. "For it shall come to pass that in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power." D&C 90:11. We are ordained to preach the word in Korean. So awesome. My district is pretty excited with our progress. The new Korean branch that came in last week (my branch) has been dubbed the Big Bang because we're so huge. We are hastening the work!
 
I'm still getting up at 6:30, but it's definitely getting harder. The initial excitement of the MTC is wearing off, so now I just want to sleep in until noon. Old habits die hard.
 
Everyday for gym we play sand volleyball and it's the bomb diggity. I've now got a bit of a reputation for being a sweet volleyball player who can't spike it because I'm too short. Oh well. I guess my life is confined to bumps and sets.
 
Happy birthday to Dallen tomorrow and to Melissa on Wednesday!
 
Shout out to Joseph Chamberlain for being a stud and graduating from high school.
 
I always heard about how letters are the best thing on the mission. And I'm here to tell you that they are. Getting the mail every day is like Christmas. Unless you don't get any letters, and then it really stinks. Write me ALL the letters. I wouldn't even be mad if I got 10 a day.
 
I feel like Alma the Younger: "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." And now I'm that angel, going out to speak with the trump of God. I love this gospel.
 
Love,
Elder Edwards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment