Sunday, August 11, 2013

I can't think of a clever subject...

Hello everyone! Time is really short... They might kick me off the computer in a few minutes here. I don't know though. I have no idea what they're saying. Sweet.

Korea is going great! It's still super hot and sweaty, but I'm getting over it. Embrace the stickyness.

The food is AMAZING. I love this stuff so so much. I ate a lot of different things this week... They have some spicy food. I've cried a couple times cause it was so spicy. It makes me think of the time I dared Dallen to eat the pepper at the Chinese restaurant... I feel like that every day. There you go Dallen. Sweet retribution. I ate squid and octopus this week. Really chewy. But good I guess.

I'm embracing missionary culture. I was trying to memorize a vocabulary word that sounded like Edgar Allan Poe. Only after about 10 minutes did I realize I had been saying "Elder Allan Poe." That was funny.

An old guy kissed my hand this week. That was weird.

If you're an old lady in Korea, when you hit about 80 years old you just squat in the street ALL DAY. Every day we see tons of old ladies just squatting on the cement and talking to each other. It's really funny. They scowl at me because I look like a cocky American punk. Which maybe I am. So I just smile and wave.

My companion gave me a haircut this week. He's never cut someone's hair with scissors before. I was his first time. But I think God was looking out for the image of missionaries, because it doesn't look bad. :)

Alma 26:37: "...yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."   I read that this week and thought about how mindful God is of me. I am a wanderer in a very strange land... But he is always looking out for me. How blessed we are to have the protection and love of a divine being! I have a testimony that God lives and knows each and every one of us.

I love you all!

Love, Elder Edwards
 

Basketball on P day in the POURING rain. (last p day)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment