Sunday, January 11, 2015

제목 없음 (ie: No subject)

Here we are emailing!
This week was good!

Monday was a fairly good P-day, spent shopping at Costco. They say Costco is a store for families because the amount is so big. But I believe that it's a store for hungry, 20 year old missionaries. We got a lot of food there. Then proselyted and met with a less active.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we spent all day in the house because Elder Weight was puking his guts out. I won the best companion in the world award because I cleaned out his throw up bucket every time after he threw up. I'm probably going to be the best husband ever. But really, to be honest, it was really gross. So, I spent 2 straight days making calls to potential investigators. It was pretty tedious, but I was able to set a ton of appointments and teach some lessons over the phone!

Elder Weight sick in bed.

Thursday and Friday were spent on exchanges with the Assistants. I stayed here in Dongdaemun with Elder Choi soobum, who is the brand new assistant. He is super awesome and started his mission just a couple months before me. He's a fun guy... I met him for the first time on my first P-day in Korea when Elder Goo and I went to pick up my foreigner card. Because I was a brand new missionary and didn't really know Korean, Elder Choi taught me to introduce myself to people by saying "저를 때려주세요" ("please beat me"). Our exchange was really good. We met a lot of cool people and I learned how to be better at teaching and talking according to people's needs. A shout out to Jaron over there in England... Being Assistant sure seems hard. Keep working hard and good luck!

Eating something called ohdang. I think the best description for
ohdang would be boiled fish paste. It's actually not that bad.

The weekend was good. We had 6 appointments set up for Saturday (I think that's the most I've ever had in one day in my whole mission), and 3 of them actually met! It was a miracle. One of them is a 15 year old junior high school student. His name is Brother Lee. He's cute. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it and pray about it. He really likes us and enjoys meeting with us. We met him for the first time on Saturday, and we'll meet him again this coming Thursday! Brother Yoo is doing pretty good. He came to church again, and we got to teach him during the 3rd hour of church. And we got to teach the lesson with President Christensen!! President and Sister Christensen came to Dongdaemun ward for a baptism yesterday, so President decided he would teach with us. It was really cool. We taught Brother Yoo the Plan of Salvation, but not a lot actually stuck in his head. He's kind of old and has a lot of other stuff going on, so it'll take quite a while for him to be ready and understand to be baptized and become a member. But, we're working with him!

"Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22). 

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth." (1 John 3:18). 

These two scriptures really stood out to me this week during personal study. We need to learn to become people who ACT, who DO, who MAKE the world a better place. Going to Zone conference, district meeting, devotionals, seminary, and General Conference and hearing the word is great and all, but the thing that really benefits us and our surroundings is when we APPLY and EXECUTE according to the principles we are learning. That's what Christ is inviting us to do: to become like Him and become perfect in word, tongue, deed, and truth.

I love you all!
Love, Elder Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment