Sunday, January 4, 2015

새해가 시작된다

(Translation courtesy of Google Translate: "The New Year Begins")

A good start to the New Year! New Years Eve and New Years Day were spent proselyting... all day. I proselyted more this week than I have any other week on my mission. I'm tired, but Elder Weight and I totally killed it! The bummer was the fact that there weren't a bunch of people outside so we could talk to them... they were all inside getting drunk. We talked to a fair amount of drunk guys on New Years Eve. They bestow wisdom upon us fortunate missionaries. One of the SUPER drunk guys wouldn't let us leave for 15 minutes and told us that "people who do their best are beautiful, even in the bathroom." Huh. Lesson learned: Alcohol isn't good neither is it desirable.

Elder Weight and me.

Also, I turned 22! The Korean age system is pretty strange, so I turned 22 years old on the first of January, even though I won't even turn 21 until this coming May...

This past Tuesday was our zone's temple day, so we skipped studies and headed over to the temple and did a session and then had P-day. It was awesome. I'm grateful to be able to go to the temple sometimes over here, but it's going to be really awesome when I can go as often as I want over in America.

Waiting for the sunrise...

On New Years Day morning, we got up at 5 o clock in the morning and then went and hiked a local mountain with one of our members to watch the sunrise. We got there about 40 minutes early and then stood there in the freezing cold until the sun finally came up. Seeing the sunrise was cool, but I'm not sure if it was worth waiting in the frigid cold. It took me 2 hours to get warm after we got home.

The first sunrise of the New Year!

Transfer calls came! I will be staying with Elder Weight for a 3rd transfer here in Dongdaemun, which I'm super excited for!

Studies!

Brother Yoo came to church yesterday, but he had to leave after the 2nd hour so we weren't able to teach him, which was a bummer. We met a lot of really cool people in the past 2 weeks and had great lessons, but almost none of them have showed up to return appointments. But, we're still keeping in contact with them diligently, and hopefully they'll be able to meet here in the near future.

I love you all! I hope you go into this new year with goals and resolutions to be better disciples and followers of Jesus Christ!

Love, Elder Edwards




No comments:

Post a Comment