Monday, February 10, 2014

그리니 받았다!

Hello! This week was a fun week full of first times and new things to try.

It poured rain the first 2 days this week, which made missionary work a little hard but we managed. We spent an hour or two at the church playing ping pong (on P-day) which was pretty fun. I'm pretty much a ping pong master now.

Elder Murdock and I in Seoul on Wednesday night.
We headed into Seoul on Wednesday night and checked out some language books at the giant book store there, ate at KFC and Baskin Robbins, and slept at President's house for the night. The next day we went to transfers and had training for about 3 hours and then got our new companions!!! I won't lie, I was SO nervous. My new companion's name is Elder Hansen, and he hails from Brigham City! He's cool and awesome and blonde and ready to do the work of Salvation. He's got his head on straight, knows why he's out here, and isn't afraid to go out there and talk to people. I'm so excited to work with him. I feel very inadequate and unprepared, but I'm super excited. I just hope I don't ruin him or anything. I felt akin to maybe what new parents must feel... kind of a "Holy cow we have a baby and we're supposed to raise him and take care of him and the hospital didn't tell us hardly anything and he looks so fragile and I didn't really want to be a parent anyways what am I supposed to do?!?" But it's all good. I'm up to the challenge.

Our house in Wonju. My companion is the one next to me. :) 
We met a lot of awesome people this week who said they would like to meet later... we will be meeting with a lot of potential investigators this week. I'm so happy! I feel like more people came in with the new transfer. New things are good.

My sleeping skills have improved. I can now sleep while sitting cross legged. I have to be really tired to do it, but I can. I feel some pride and some shame. I also thought staying awake in church would be easier as a missionary... but it's definitely harder. It's a struggle every week to stay awake in there.

I had some seaweed soup this week. It tasted like the sea. Not like delicious grilled shrimp and crab, but more like a wave slammed a handful of rotten seaweed in my mouth. I ate a whole bowl, because being polite is important.

Korea is awesome. I like being a new parent. It's scary, but awesome.

I love you all!
Love, Elder Edwards

Badminton with one of the less actives that we're working with.

A potential investigator. He LOVES me. And kind of loves Elder Murdock. When he found out Elder Murdock was leaving he took us out to dinner and then took us to a photo place. It was kind of weird, but the picture is TOTALLY worth it. I don't think I'll do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment